Value Pricing instead of Hourly Billing with Jonathan Stark
Sent by Jonathan Stark on April 7th, 2020
The lovely and talented Henry Lopez over at The HOW of Business had me on his show and asked some of the best questions I’ve even gotten on a podcast.
Here’s some info I cribbed from Henry’s show notes:
The topics and questions addressed in this episode include:
- You studied music in school. What were your life plans back then?
- What led to focusing on value pricing and launching Jonathan Stark Consulting?
- Why hourly billing or day rates are so bad?
- How do I know which projects are profitable and which aren’t if I’m not tracking my time?
- If I’m paying employees (or contractors) by the hour, don’t I have to bill my clients by the hour to make sure I’m not losing money?
- What are the alternatives to hourly billing?
- Please share an example of how a service provider can propose and win with value pricing.
- How to I start the transition from hourly to value pricing?
And here’s a link to the ep:
If you have a chance to listen, please hit reply and let me know if you have any questions or aha moments. I’d love to hear from you!