The following information is provided as a cut-and-paste resource for conference organizers, media professionals, podcast hosts, and other interested parties.
Please feel free to use anything here as-is without checking with me first. If you have additional questions, you can email me directly.
Jonathan Stark is a former software developer who is on a mission to rid the world of hourly billing. He is the author of Hourly Billing Is Nuts, the host of Ditching Hourly, and writes a daily newsletter on pricing for independent professionals.
Sample Questions for Jonathan
- What’s really so bad about hourly billing?
- How do I know which projects are profitable and which aren’t if I’m not tracking my time?
- If I’m paying employees (or contractors) by the hour, don’t I have to bill my clients by the hour to make sure I’m not losing money?
- What are the alternatives to hourly billing?
- Is there a way for me to transition my hourly billing clients to a better pricing model?
- Are there certain types of work that can only be billed on an hourly basis?
Facts About Jonathan
- I can’t swim.
- I met my best friend for life in nursery school.
- My books have been translated into seven languages.
- I earned my blackbelt in karate at age 50.
- I’m the Jonathan’s Card guy.
- One of my proudest achievements in life was organizing a fundraiser that paid for an uninsured friend’s stomach cancer treatments.
More words from Jonathan
Right-click here to download full size image