Moving From Execution To Strategy
Sent by Jonathan Stark on December 2nd, 2019
This week on TBOA, Rochelle and I ask the question:
“Are you ready to move from execution to strategy?”
!!! LISTEN NOW !!!
- How to get out of execution when you get stuck
- 3 layers of strategy
- What would cause someone to want to move from execution to strategy
- When the client suggests features that won’t work
- How to sell and price strategy
- Opportunity cost
- Separating clients who are interested in strategy from those who aren’t
- Why people in the strategy space are needed
- Developing the language to get more strategy clients
- If you’re an authority, you’re likely to attract a lot of people who want your advice, opinions, and plans
- It’s more difficult to be an authority if you’re all about execution
- Whether or not you have to keep consulting
- Why you don’t need to know 100%
“There is an execution piece and there is a strategy piece, and you can think about any place along that curve, you can set your business.” –RM
“Strategy is probably one of the most misused words that I get questions about.” –JS
“Don’t pretend you’re doing strategy when that’s not what you were hired for.” –JS
“I’m going to argue that we have a real need right now for people in the strategy space.” –RM
Sharing is caring!
If you enjoyed this episode, please consider sharing it with a few friends who might find it useful. Thanks!