Captain’s log, stardate 20180919
[AUDIO] The Language of Business with guest Norman Lieberman
Veteran recruiter Norman Lieberman shares hard won war stories from 37 years of cold calling.
Even if you would rather have a root canal than cold call someone, I promise that you’ll get a lot of great info out of the episode.
Plus, Norman is hilarious :-)
- You have to take control of the conversation in the first 20 seconds
- The importance of finding out the client’s problem before you even think about selling anything to them
- Why talking about your company, product, or process is worse than useless
- Why to lead with a question and then shut up
- What you can learn from a cold-calling master, even if you’ll never do cold-calls yourself
- How to bring prospects back to what they want accomplished if they start talking about price too early in the conversation
- How to pull a relationship together out of thin air
- How to anchor your high price against the much higher cost of doing nothing
- How to respond to a client who asks if you guarantee your work
- How to make buyer’s eye glaze over (and what to do instead)
If you enjoy this episode, I hope you’ll consider sharing it. And as always, PLMK if you have questions, comments, cheers, or jeers!