August 28, 2021
Success story from reader Michelle Guerra
Fellow list member Michelle Guerra wrote in with a wonderful milestone that I hope will inspire you (shared with permission):
During our 1-on-1 coaching session in February of this year, (which seems like forever now) I shared one of my goals for being in business was to pay off our house. As of last Friday (Aug 20th), we made our final payment, which is 4 1/2 months earlier than we planned. This now puts us in the category of being completely Debt Free! 🎉
Here is the strange part...
By accomplishing this goal I now feel a sigh of relief of not having to struggle to find clients that will pay me what I am worth. Or feel like I have to accept breadcrumbs in payment for what services I provide to those... what you call Fire Drill Clients.
I now feel more confident about what content, wisdom, or opinions I share with my email list, clients, prospects, or referral partners. Why? Because I don’t feel any sense of dependency on those that don’t value me or my business (which I think is generally the reason most people put up with it... dependence on money).
Thank you for all the things that you do!! (i.e. Podcasts, Daily Emails, Weekly Cartoons, Coaching Community, etc.) Your mission and work that you share inspire me to continue my own mission and work.
Dependence on money - or more specifically, being desperate for money - is at the root of all bad deals.
Can you imagine being debt free?
- What would change for you if you didn’t have any debt-related payments? (e.g., mortgage, car, credit card, student loan, boat, etc)
- How would you feel about your business if your personal expenses were slashed by half or more?
- Would you feel more powerful in negotiations with prospective clients?
- Would start getting pickier about what kind of projects you took on?
- Would you fire that awful client that you keep around because you can’t afford to live without them?
- Would you work less if you could aford to?
- What would you do with your free time if you suddenly had a lot more of it?
And most importantly:
- Is your business on a trajectory that could get you zero debt in the next three years?
P.S. The next session of The Pricing Seminar is launching in September.
If you’re ready to start getting paid what you’re worth, add your name to the announcement list so you don’t miss out:
Get Notified »
I hope to see you there.