Captain’s log, stardate 20201208
How To Go From Surviving To Thriving As A Freelancer
Longtime friend of the list, Neville A Mehra invited me to join him on Never Normal to talk about how to make more money, have happier clients, and go from surviving to thriving as a freelancer.
Here’s what Neville had to say:
If you are a freelance software developer, designer, copywriter, photographer, videographer, editor, or anyone else who works with clients, the ideas in this episode could change your business and your life. That’s what happened to me after I discovered Jonathan’s work.
LISTEN NOW »
- How I went from working a typical job to becoming coach for independent software developers
- Why is hourly billing so bad?
- The problem with growing your business by hiring more people
- What are the alternatives to billing by the hour?
- How else can you price project based work?
- What is value based pricing?
- How you should create and structure your proposals to maximize your income AND the client’s happiness
- How to deal with (inevitable) scope creep on a fixed price project
- Avoiding adversarial client relationships by aligning your incentives with your clients
- How many options should you offer in a proposal and why?
- How can you figure out how valuable the work is to the client
- The importance of uncovering an actual business outcome
- The exact questions to ask a prospective client before giving a price or writing a proposal
- How to get a prospective client to sell themselves on working with you
- The important question that most people are too afraid (or too shy) to ask
- You have more options than you realize!
Sharing is caring!
If you enjoyed the episode, please let Neville know on Twitter and maybe share the episode with a few friends.