March 25, 2020
Clarity is more important than ever
Sent by Jonathan Stark on March 25th, 2020
NOTE: Ditching Hourly Live Workshop is on hiatus until further notice due to Coronavirus, but a remote version will be available soon. If you’d like to be notified when the remote workshop is available, reply to this messages with YES and I’ll add you to the announcement list.
Most people who tell me that they aren’t attracting enough leads have the same problem:
A lack of clarity.
This fogginess is usually business-wide:
- They have a hard time explaining what they do
- They don’t know what kind of clients they’re trying to attract
- They can’t articulate their core value proposition
- They are not sure how they are different from their competition
If you don’t have the answers to questions like these, OF COURSE you’re not attracting leads! Nobody (not even you) understands who you can help with what, and why you’re the best person for the job.
Whether the economy is up or down, you need to answer these questions ASAP because not bringing in enough leads is awful for you and your business.
Here are three big reasons:
- You get desperate for work, which can kill your confidence
- You jump at any potential client that comes through the door, even when you know they’re going to be a nightmare
- You conduct very few sales interviews, so you never get a chance to practice and improve your sales skills
The people I see who are doing fine right now have clarity on what they do (i.e., their discipline) who they help (i.e., their target market), what they help them with (i.e., the client’s expensive problem), and how they are different from their competitors (i.e., their unique differentiator).
The faster you can get those questions answered, the faster the health of your business is going to improve.