[AUDIO] The Language of Business with guest Norman Lieberman
Sent by Jonathan Stark on September 19th, 2018
Veteran recruiter Norman Lieberman shares hard won war stories from 37 years of cold calling.
Even if you would rather have a root canal than cold call someone, I promise that you’ll get a lot of great info out of the episode.
Plus, Norman is hilarious :-)
- You have to take control of the conversation in the first 20 seconds
- The importance of finding out the client’s problem before you even think about selling anything to them
- Why talking about your company, product, or process is worse than useless
- Why to lead with a question and then shut up
- What you can learn from a cold-calling master, even if you’ll never do cold-calls yourself
- How to bring prospects back to what they want accomplished if they start talking about price too early in the conversation
- How to pull a relationship together out of thin air
- How to anchor your high price against the much higher cost of doing nothing
- How to respond to a client who asks if you guarantee your work
- How to make buyer’s eye glaze over (and what to do instead)
If you enjoy this episode, I hope you’ll consider sharing it. And as always, PLMK if you have questions, comments, cheers, or jeers!