February 3, 2020
Can You Be An Introverted Authority?
Sent by Jonathan Stark on February 3rd, 2020
This week on TBOA, Rochelle and I ask the question:
“Can you be an introverted authority?”
!!! LISTEN NOW !!!
- Adam Grant’s book
- Giver and taker personalities in sales
- Why givers make more sales
- When people want someone to be dominant and when they want authorities to connect as humans
- Putting ego aside
- Methods of giving things away
- The evolution of business practices
- Finding a way to give while also getting your own needs met
“The power is all with the givers in the sense that you can create what you want by helping other people.” –RM
“If you’re an authority and you’re leading people to this new vision, you need to sell them on the idea, if nothing else.” –JS
“We’re looking for cues that the people that we really respect as authorities or experts, authorities in the making, that they’re real people.” –RM
“Another way to put it is you’re giving in a way that’s going to energize you immediately.” –JS
Sharing is caring!
If you enjoyed this episode, please consider sharing it with a few friends who might find it useful. Thanks!