August 18, 2019
The Path to Authority
Sent by Jonathan Stark on August 19th, 2019
This week on TBOA, Rochelle and I ask the question:
“Are you on the path to authority?”
!!! LISTEN NOW !!!
- How pricing relates to where you are on the path to authority
- Different types of specialization
- The line between freelancer and consultant
- Consultant, or expert?
- Creating and selling a process
- Saying no and asking why more often
- Identifying the client
- Clarifying the end goal
- Moving from expert or consultant to authority
- Consulting as an authority
- Differences in authorities in different industries
- Behavioral habits of authorities
- Socializing a point of view
- Getting off the hamster wheel
“If most of the time, you’re in your basement coding and you only talk to the client once a week, you’re not a consultant.” –JS
“On this particular line of the matrix, I think it’s about a really deep knowledge.” –RM
“It feels to me like the one-on-one consulting engagements that an authority would engage in would be less and less as their authority grew, because they could have a bigger impact doing something like a keynote presentation to 10,000 people.” –JS
“If you’re an authority with big corporates, you need to be seen.” –RM
Sharing is caring!
If you enjoyed this episode, please consider sharing it with a few friends who might find it useful. Thanks!