November 19, 2018
How to Market Yourself Without Feeling Like a Sleaze
This week on TBOA, Rochelle and I talk about how to find a marketing style that you feel good about.
!!! LISTEN NOW !!!
- A lot of people have a false impression of marketing and sales and dislike marketing and sales because of that.
- Marketing is a way of making a change in the culture
- It’s easier to notice bad marketing models because good marketing doesn’t feel like marketing
- Marketing should help people as much as possible for free
- Pushy hard-sell tactics can turn people off
- If you believe you have valuable information that people should know about, you should share it
- People won’t magically find you. You have to let them know you’re there
- Know your audience, connect with them, and have empathy with them
- Find a way to deliver value with your marketing
- If you’re in a service business, you already help people. Incorporate that into your marketing
- Say no to get to yes
“Marketers are people who make change happen – in particular changes in the culture, which are very hard to make.” –JS
“In my mind, marketing is everything from how you position yourself in the market, to your overall messages, to how you reach out to a swath of your public.” –RM
“Our clients have a lot of choices, and it can be hard to find you amongst everybody else that’s in your niche.” –RM
“The more empathy you have for your audience, the more natural you’re going to be at it.” –JS
Sharing is caring!
Do you have a friend who has written a non-fiction book? They might benefit from listening to TBOA. Please forward this message if you agree. Thanks!