May 26, 2017
Ditching Hourly 025: The Ethics of Hourly Billing with special guest Ron Baker
Special guest Ron Baker and I discuss the ethical challenges of hourly billing.
The Ethics of Hourly Billing with special guest Ron Baker
Today I’ve got a very special episode of Ditching Hourly for you. I’m joined by value pricing pioneer, Ron Baker to discuss the ethical challenges of hourly billing.
Ron is a recovering CPA who began value pricing in 1989. He’s the author of seven best-selling books, including: Pricing on Purpose; Measure What Matters to Customers; and Implementing Value Pricing. He’s the founder of pricing think-tank VeraSage Institute and a radio talk-show host on the VoiceAmerica.com show: The Soul of Enterprise.
Just to give you a taste, here are some of the killer quotes Ron shares:
- “A service that’s guaranteed is worth more than a service that’s not.”
- “Would you want to get on a plane and be charged $4/min retroactively?”
- “Prescription without diagnosis is malpractice.”
- “If we don’t think we’re worth it, how will our customers ever believe we’re worth it.”
- Extraordinary Guarantees : A New Way to Build Quality Throughout Your Company & Ensure Satisfaction for Your Customers
- “Bugs” Burger Bug Killers, Inc.
- The Backwards Bicycle
- The Soul Of Enterprise