November 11, 2022
Daily Writing Practice - Brilliant or Insane?
For the launch of Email365, I thought I’d resurface this episode of TBOA from 2018 about daily writing:
LISTEN NOW »
- The difference between daily and weekly habits
- How an email list is different from a blog
- Why it’s important to respect privacy concerns in a community
- Why journaling doesn’t count
- How to write about the same thing every day without boring everyone
- How often should you reply to your list
- When to keep a rigid schedule and when not to
“Writing daily is actually easier than writing weekly” —JS
“I wake up, I put on my pants, I brush my teeth, and I write. It’s just something I do every day.” —JS
“Thinking harder doesn’t solve everything.” —JS
“Someone who’s used to billing by the hour can start to feel like a supplicant. That is not where you want to be as an independent.” —RM
“Your idea gets better when more people share it and play with it and give you feedback.” —RM
“An email list is a closed community.” —RM
“When you write every day, your bs falls away.” —JS
“Text is where I play with my ideas.” —RM
Sharing is caring!
If you enjoyed this episode, please consider sharing it with a few friends who might find it useful. Thanks!