Captain’s log, stardate 20180618
[AUDIO] Declare Your Vision
Sent by Jonathan Stark on June 18th, 2018
Rochelle and I are back with another episode of TBOA, in which we ask:
“What’s your vision for your business?”
- What’s the point of having a vision for your business?
- What’s the difference between vision and mission or purpose or big idea?
- What skills do you need to be developing (or discarding)?
- How do financial goals fit into your vision?
- How far out should you think with your business vision?
- What about me-focused vs you-focused vision statements?
- How do values play into your vision?
- “If you want to make forward progress, you need to know which way forward is.”—JS
- “A vision isn’t something you change like your socks.”—RM
- “Get clear on the big picture first, and then you can tinker with tactics for the rest of your life.”—RM
- “Decide where to point the car before you mash on the gas.”—JS
- “Tactics are attractive because they represent a small commitment. Strategy is a big commitment and therefore it feels scary.”—RM
- “There is a ’unified theory of you’ in there somewhere.”—JS
Questions? Comments? Just hit reply and I’ll be happy to help.
P.S. Hey, if you love TBOA and have a sec to rate and review in iTunes, we’d be super appreciative. We’re trying to book some pretty big name guests and I think it’d help land them if we had some evidence of an audience 🙂👍 Here’s the iTunes link: