[AUDIO] Breaking The Time Barrier with guest Mike McDerment
Sent by Jonathan Stark on August 3rd, 2018
This time around on Ditching Hourly, Freshbooks CEO Mike McDerment joined me to discuss his book Breaking the Time Barrier. For the record, this episode is not a paid placement of any kind. Mike’s book on value-based pricing is excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed our chat.
- The importance to talking to your clients
- Looking for ways to help your audience
- How to push yourself out of your comfort zone
- Why hourly billing is a bad idea
- The benefits of positioning
- “In one year, I worked 19 days and brought in $200,000.”—MM
- “I think the constant paranoia of not knowing something is healthy.”—MM
- “Your peers are great for support but you should look for an advisor who is a reach for you.”—MM
- “If you think your clients are the enemy, you’re so far off ”—MM
- “Sitting around and saying ‘It’s hard!’ is not going to get you anywhere. Figure it out.”—MM
- “Hourly billing pits you against your clients.”—MM
- “When your billing by the hour, everyone is staring at their shoes instead of where they want to go.”—JS
- “You have to choose your clients.”—MM
- “It’s a flag for me if my client going to tell me how I charge for my work.”—MM
- “Let’s stop talking about hours. What is it you want when I’m done?”—MM
- “I want to know that I can be successful when I’m done.”—MM
Aaaaaand... here’s the link
!!! LISTEN NOW !!!
As always, hit reply and shower me with your questions, comments, cheers, and jeers!
Enjoy this message? Here are more things you might like:
Altitude Of Involvement—A visual walk-though of how to charge more money for less labor by leveraging your expertise.
Learn more »
« Back to home