Want to increase your online sales?
Serving your customers a substandard website experience on their mobile devices costs you sales, hurts your brand, and turns your customers away.
Don’t believe me? The numbers from Black Friday 2014 show that responsive websites (i.e., sites that are designed to work well on both phones and desktops) did roughly double the sales of desktop-only sites. Can you imagine what it would do for your business if you doubled your online sales?
Okay, so you know you need to do something about your clunky mobile website, but what? Off-shored or outsourced mobile site development introduces project delays, management overhead, decreases software quality, and surprisingly, lowers morale among in-house developers.
There is another way
Upgrading your desktop-centric web experience to a single site that looks and works beautifully on mobile is your ticket to the post-desktop world that your customers are already living in.
You and your in-house web team—not a remote team with loose ties and even looser QA standards—control your entire web presence. You will save money, help retain your best designers and developers, and strengthen your brand image.
In less than 24 hours, your department can begin to transition to in-house mobile web development. Your web designers and developers already have 90% of the tools, knowledge, and skill they need to do this. What they don’t have is the confidence that comes from direct experience.
Take control of your brand and stop outsourcing mobile web development
Jonathan's book is the most comprehensive documentation available for developing web applications for mobile Safari. Must have for all PhoneGap developers.
Just wanted to say a big Thank You for a really great presentation today. The live demo was outstanding and truly appreciated by the audience.
Now your team can learn exactly what they need to know to confidently and immediately begin developing for mobile, directly from me in an on-site accelerated training event customized to their needs.
How it works
I will travel to your site and present a full day of lecture-style training on a range of mobile topics. The material is delivered using a combination of slides, examples, demos, and live coding—all of which you will have access to and are free to use however you like. You are welcome to record the event for internal use throughout the organization.
- Principles of Mobile Interface Design
- Mobile design for touchscreen devices has more in common with classic industrial design principles than the software interface development patterns of the desktop computing era. Learn how to take your mobile experience from concept to completed design by exploring practical principles and visual examples.
- Responsive Web Design Bootcamp
- It is no longer safe to assume that visitors to your website are sitting in front of large monitor equipped with a keyboard and mouse. As smartphones overtake the desktop as the primary portal to the Web - and as new device types and interaction models continue to emerge - designers need to adopt future-friendly strategies that support a full range of user contexts with a single codebase.
- Advanced CSS Styling & Animation
- Smartphone owners have come to expect a highly polished user experience and they’ll go elsewhere if you don’t deliver. Fortunately, recent advancements in CSS provide web designers the tools to deliver 2D & 3D transformations, simple transitions, powerful animations, and other advanced visual effects.
- Touch & Gesture Event Handling
- The responsiveness of Web and hybrid mobile apps is sometimes described as sluggish compared to native apps. Often, this is because the developer has bound event handlers to mouse events rather than touch events. By taking advantage of the touch events exposed by modern mobile devices, developers can potentially shave hundreds of milliseconds off of each user interaction, as well as enable gesture interactions that would not normally be available in an HTML context.
- Building Hybrid Apps with PhoneGap
- Debugging the Mobile Web
- Mobile web development is still in its infancy. Because of this, the tools available for troubleshooting are quite limited. Debugging web sites and apps across multiple platforms and devices can be extremely difficult. Fortunately there are a few cutting edge tools that can ease the pain.
I’m a mobile consultant who has helped organizations such as CVS, Staples, Time, Nokia, Intel and others with mobile strategy, tactics, and training.
With my books, on-site workshops, and online training sessions, I have helped tens of thousands of web designers and developers make the leap from desktop to mobile.
What people are saying
Jonathan brought extensive knowledge around the actual devices we were looking to work with and helped us take full advantage of the mobile operating system capabilities. We value Jonathan’s outside perspective, mobile industry knowledge, and hyper-focus on ensuring the customers get the best experience possible. We are looking for opportunities to continue to work with Jonathan.
We reached out to Jonathan for help with our mobile initiative. As result, our development work became more focused. Opportunities for improvement were quickly identified. He helped us with identifying the “win” and offering strategies to achieve success. I’d recommend Jonathan to any organization who is creating a mobile/digital presence.
Booking & more info
Please contact me for bookings or more information.